Here, participants can share their activities, cheer on others and compete on the weekly leaderboards for total activity time and a weekly prize package. Please note that participants are only eligible for one weekly prize pack. However, the Top 3 finishers for each week will be entered into the grand prize draw!
The five-week Flagstaff Fitness Challenge, which started August 1, is new in 2022. It replaces the Flagstaff Bike Challenge, which was established in the summer of 2020 as a way to encourage the region's residents to get outside, get active and feel connected to the area in a safe manner during the pandemic. It was designed for participants of ALL ages and abilities. The Flagstaff Bike Challenge continued in 2021 with a few minor tweaks.
This year, we've expanded the challenge to include a variety of activities, including walking, running, hiking, cycling, swimming, weight training, yoga and much more! Prizes will be awarded weekly for five weeks, with a grand prize draw at the conclusion of the challenge!
We urge you to join us this summer and rise to the challenge!
- Participants do not have to live in Flagstaff County to take part in the Flagstaff Fitness Challenge.
- Winners are responsible for prize pickup at the Flagstaff County Administration Building.
- A photograph of each winner will be taken when picking up a prize.
- All participants are encouraged to cheer on your fellow fitness enthusiasts through Strava, while also sharing photos and feedback from your workouts.
- And most importantly, all participants are encouraged to have fun!
Each week, the participant with the highest recorded activity time will be that week's winner! The weekly prize package includes:
- A "Succeeding Together/Flagstaff Proud" T-shirt
- Flagstaff Region sunglasses and case
- A Flagstaff Region water bottle
- $50 in Flagstaff Bucks
- 1 FREE bike tune-up at Grizzly Country Bike Shop in Hardisty
Grand Prize Draw
The grand prize is sponsored by BAM Fitness. The TOP THREE participants with the highest recorded activity time each week will be entered into the GRAND PRIZE DRAW that will take place on Friday, September 9. The grand prize draw winner will receive:
- A One-Week Kickoff (Assessment and plan) with BAM Fitness. This includes two coaching calls, complete nutrition/macronutrients review and progress plan, fitness and mobility assessment with progress plan, emotional health check for self-sabotage and motivational cycles. This can be completed via Zoom or in person. ($200 value)
- At-home Cable Pulley System ($100 value)
- At-home Pilates Bar Kit with Resistance Bands ($75 value)